Western Nanofab is OPEN with modified rules to mitigate risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. Before you come to campus each day, you need to submit the Return to Campus Questionnaire.
- If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, you are strongly advised to go and get tested. If you are tested positive for COVID-19, please report to the Chair of the Department. We need to alert everyone that came in contact with those tested positive.
- Closely follow the new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) provided by your supervisor.
Nanofabrication Facility Covid-19 Protocol
- Until further notice, access to the facility will be restricted to those who are currently trained on instruments.
- Only one person will be permitted in the gowning area at any time.
- New gowning rules
- To help ensure physical distancing, only one person is allowed in a room or bay at any time.
- Each room will have a spray bottle of cleanroom compatible disinfectant. The lab will be cleaned mornings and at the end of the day. Each user must disinfect all surfaces and equipment used before and after all work. Focus is on benches, handles of instruments, hoods, solvent bottles, all high touch surfaces…. anything that you have used or touched. Do not spray the disinfectant directly onto equipment. Spray disinfectant onto a cleanroom wipe, then wipe down equipment.
- All work must be scheduled online with a minimum of 48 to 72 hours in advance. All scheduled time must be approved by Nanofab staff.
- All cleanroom users must organize their work by half day minimum. No access for short periods
- For imaging and characterization, service work is encouraged. Samples are to be provided with clear, written instructions and will be analyzed in due time.
- Assistance will be provided through video conference.
- Standard operating procedures will be put online.
- New training will be delayed. Cleanroom orientation will be posted on OWL. In person training will start at a later date.
Please contact Tim Goldhawk to register
Online SEM Introduction is available through OWL. Please complete the Cleanroom Introduction in OWL first. Current SEM users are welcome to view the videos to refresh their training.